In the event of inclement weather Dacula Soccer Club Executive Board will determine if the fields are playable for practice and games. We will follow the recommendation of Gwinnett County Parks and Recreation. Deciding factors include the severity of the rain, thunder/lightening, and if damage to the fields may occur. When field conditions may be considered questionable due to inclement weather DSC will send a message through Statusme as to the field’s status as soon as a determination is made. Coaches, parents, and players may also check for the current field conditions which are posted on the club’s website or on the rain line 678-407-2100 (press 1 for the rain line)
1) A decision will be made by 3:30 PM to determine the playability of the fields.
2) Statusme will be updated by 4:00 PM based off of the county recommendation and inspection of the fields.
1) A decision will be made by 6:30 AM to determine the playability of the fields for games to be played prior to 1:00 PM
2) Statusme will be updated by 7:00 AM based off of the county recommendation and inspection of the fields for the games to be played prior to 1:00 PM
3) A decision will be made by 11:00 AM to determine the playability of the fields for games to be played after 1:00 PM
4) Statusme will be updated by 11:30 AM based off of the county recommendation and inspection of the fields for the games to be played after 1:00 PM. In the event of lightning or thunder ALL play must stop. A siren will sound, and everyone must retreat to a car. Please do not go under the awning as lightning can travel. Play may resume after 30 minutes from the last evidence of lightning or thunder. If a team is scheduled to play at another location please make sure to contact their local association to see the status of their fields.
Primary Notification Service
Along with our website, using Statusme (www.statusme.com) once you create your account, Statusme will issue a text message and/or email messages to you based on your individual settings.
Please go to www.statusme.com and proceed to join the system, then tailor your selections as you desire (setup multiple phones, emails, and personalize your field locations). Clubs are using this service to enhance communications and we are looking forward to helping communicate with you in a more timely and effective manner.
Statusme does not advertise, they simply process our requests and issue the location specific messages.
Again, go to www.statusme.com, Join our club! We hope you find this a valuable tool.