Spring 2014 INFORMATION - UPDATED!
Children born between 8/1/2009 - 7/31/2010 are eligible for the U4 Soccer Starts program for the spring 2014 season.
1. DATES - The first U4 session will be 3/8/2014. The U4's will meet for a total of 8 sessions, each on Saturday. Due to spring break, the fields will be closed 4/7/14 and 4/12/14. Scheduled sessions are as follows:
- 3/8, 3/15, 3/22, 3/29, 4/19, 4/26, 5/3, 5/10.
*Any session that need to be made-up due to rain-outs or field closures, will be done either on a Sunday afternoon or weekday (evening).
2. TIME - UPDATE: The U4 player pool will be split-up into 3 groups, starting at 3pm, 4pm and 5pm. Assigned group times will be emailed to all parents prior to the first session.
3. FEES - The $95 covers a t-shirt, medal, size 3 ball, state fees, field maintenance and pays for the staff coaches.
4. SESSIONS - Each session will run approximately an hour. Please remember players will be pooled and will not be on a set team. For the first 3 weeks, players will participate in an introduction of different games and activities. For the remaining weeks, the sessions will be split, with approximately half the session spent on games, skills and activities and the remaining time scrimmaging 3v3, using the "New Ball Method."
For more information on the "New Ball Method" click here: New Ball Method (pdf)
For more information on small sided games: Why Small Sided Games-Tom Goodman Article (pdf)
5. STAFF - The U4 Soccer Starts program is run by Coach Ben Roberts and his coaching team. His staff does a great job of bringing the game of soccer to the little ones!
If you have any questions regarding the U4 program, feel free to contact us!
Kevin Scheiwe DSC Rec Director Ben Roberts DSC U4 Coordinator